Barilla PLUS® delivers 27% more protein than Barilla’s traditional semolina pasta.
• Each 85g serving of Barilla PLUS® provides14 grams of high quality protein.
• The high quality protein in Barilla PLUS® comes from ingredients such as chickpeas, lentils and egg whites, just like those found in the Mediterranean diet and considered heart healthy choices
• The Dietary Reference Intakes established by the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies and endorsed by Health Canada recommends adults consume 25-38g of fibre each day[i]
• Each 85g serving of Barilla PLUS® provides 6g of fibre or 24% of the daily value.
• Barilla PLUS® offers a source of fibre through its naturally fibre-rich ingredients. The unique multigrain blend found in Barilla PLUS® – semolina (coarse durum wheat), oats, spelt and barley – delivers most of its fibre and complex carbohydrates.
• The fibre composition is further enhanced by the addition of legumes and ground flaxseeds, which are sources of soluble and insoluble fibre.
• Barilla PLUS® delivers 20% more fibre than Barilla’s traditional semolina pasta.
• Health Canada recommends individuals consume more heart healthy unsaturated fat, especially omega-3 fatty acids (fatty fish, ground flaxseed, canola oil, hemp seeds, omega-3 eggs, etc.) and monounsaturated fats (olive oil, canola oil, avocados, nuts, etc.)[ii].
• Flaxseeds, used in Barilla PLUS®, are a plant source of ALA (alpha linolenic acid), an essential omega-3 fatty acid. Barilla PLUS® contains 0.3g of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids per 85g serving.
Semolina (Wheat), Grain and legume Flour blend (Grain and Legume Flours [lentil, chickpea, barley, spelt, oat], ground flaxseed, egg whites, oat fibre), durum flour, niacin, iron (ferrous sulfate), thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid.